Sat, Aug 27|
Arlington School of Massage
Plant Based Remedies and Self Care Solutions to Pain
Curious about using plant based remedies into your massage practice? Do you want to learn how to use plants that grow around you that are proven to be safe and effective for pain? This workshop will unravel the mystery of using common native plants, weeds, and garden medicinals in your practice!
Time & Location
Aug 27, 2022, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Arlington School of Massage, 303 N Olympic Ave, Arlington, WA 98223, USA
About The Event
Designed to give you the skills and confidence to begin crafting and using plant based remedies immediately for yourself, your family and clients. This hands on workshop includes processing fresh and dried plants into herb infused compresses, messy poultices, herbal oils and liniments. Class time includes practice applying remedies made in class.
Who is this course for?
- Massage Therapists seeking to expand their knowledge of topical applications for pain.
- Herbalists wanting to integrate bodywork into their herbal practice.
- Individuals working with massage or herbal businesses wanting to master their craft to insure quality and efficacy of product and application.
What you will learn:
- Introduction to Herbal Medicine and Massage
- Methods of Application in Massage Treatment
- Introduction to 6 Plants useful for pain
- Understanding the physiology of pain
- How to safely and effectively apply herbs to the body using water based and oil based remedies.
- The therapeutic actions of plants used topically
- Safety, ethics and charting
What you need to bring:
- 4 oz canning jar with a lid (to bring home your own liniment you make in class!)
Your instructor: Erin Vanhee, LMT, Herbalist teaches from nearly three decades involvement in the herbal and massage community. Erin is the owner of Trillium Medicine, a Integrative Medicine Clinic, apothecary and plant sanctuary in the Upper Skagit. Erin believes that each of us have a healer within and plants help us to find that part of us, opening a new way of being in this world. For information on her work, visit her website www.erinvanhee.com.
Plant Based Remedies
Cost of class covers materials used in the class!$175.00